Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4.6 Interceptor
47 Posts
all of a sudden my battery was dead, when i jup it off it cranks very easily and the battery holds a small charge, but if i turn my car off for more than a hour it will not start, also the cd player keeps moving after the car is off. I have all kinds of alarms going off and bs messages on the info screen, i think my computer is screwed up and the car just made a year this week. any ideas?
Same thing happanes to mine :(

It happen more then few times ...so I thought BAD battey although it is only 4year old and rated for 5 years. So I got new battery yesterday (optima red top).

While I was installing battery and hooking up positive terminal there was a small spark and now the battery while is hooked up it's reading 1.5v and if I disconect the battery it's reading 12.5v ....checked all fuses under hood; in the cabin and in the trunk and nothing ...did disconect the cellular modem (onstar) still nothing ...did try to jump the car but it want give any sign.

I'll try to check the starter solenoid if is shortened and that is causing brand new battery voltage to read 1.5v while hooked up.

Will let you know when I figure out where and what is draining this thing and
why is it reading 1.5v while hooked up

Do you gus know that those engineer's from Pontiac installed PCM next to battery and winshield washer fluid reservoir ...so watch out that you don't spill any on the PCM (Powertrain Controll Module)

·
4.6 Interceptor
47 Posts
Looks like I had BAD new battery ...just installed 2nd one and it's crancking and runing fine ...will see in few days :bow: if it's still going to drain out or not!

Reactions: geewhiz

·
4.6 Interceptor
47 Posts
Looks like I had BAD new battery ...just installed 2nd one and it's crancking and runing fine ...will see in few days :bow: if it's still going to drain out or not!
It was BAD Battery, it is day 4 and the battery is functioning like it should :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.