Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
‘08 g6 GXP Street Edition coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an ‘08 g6 GXP and am wanting to get a new battery before winter sets in. Any certain battery that you suggest or to avoid

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have been quite happy with the Walmart Ever Start. I pay a little extra to get the highest CCA rating that they offer and it is still normally cheaper than options elsewhere.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have several of these too and they've worked well. My car is stored over the winter and I've used the Everstart battery maintainer with good results too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I live in Georgia and have been well served by cheaper batteries. However, I'm from Chicago where it gets much much colder so I would go for the better grade batteries living there. On very cold days I used to remove the battery and take it inside if I really needed the car the next day. Of course, I had quick disconnect terminals etc. I'm just saying that you might consider your local weather conditions when deciding on a battery. There is a huge difference between 26 degrees F and 10 below zero F.

·
Registered
‘08 g6 GXP Street Edition coupe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you know how to get the heater/AC to work when you use the electric start? Whatever temp I have it set on shows AS when I get inside and nothing is coming out of the vents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts