Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Got two in the mail the other day. One for my 09 and one for my wife's 07.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have never gotten a single letter in the mail? Anyone know how i can fix that?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Call the local dealer and make sure you're the listed owner and give them your address.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
290 Posts
i went on and its showing no active recalls for my car. 08 g6 3.5 V6

·
Registered
113 Posts
What is the actual "issue" with the brake light and cruise control??

I bought my car July 10th of this month and checked with a Chevy AND a GMC dealer and both said there's no active recalls for my 2007 GT Convertible??

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Bad connection between the BCM harness connector and the socket. Some of the pins get corroded and cause problems such as brake lights staying on, or not coming on, or reverse of normal operation. The fix most here have used, before the recall, is to clean the connector and add some dielectric grease to the pins.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I got my letter in the mail.
I don't know how I feel about taking it in though.
I did get the reverse operation symptoms where they lit up while driving and turned off when I pressed the brake pedal.
Once that happened I cleaned it with electronics cleaner and a lot of plug/unplug action then greased it with dielectric grease (way too much probably) and never had a problem since.
I'd rather they just give me whatever add-on part it is ha.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Yeah, same here. I think it is just supposed to be some connector that goes between the plug and socket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts