Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 G6 GT with 95K miles. The battery goes dead after a couple of days. I had it at the dealer today for 3 unrelated recall issues and had them check the charging system and the battery. They said something in the BCM is causing a current draw discharging the battery, and wanted $550 to repair. Since the car is basically in storage I told them not to repair it. Has anyone else had this problem, or any recommendations on where to buy a new one........I realize it needs to be programmed with the VIN but pretty sure I can get one cheaper than $500. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am 100% positive it is NOT his battery that is on the outs. I have an 08 GXP and am now on my 4th battery. The BCM in infact at fault for this and my next call is to GM CS again to find out why the brake peddle sensor AND the battery are not covered on this tail light recall. With the tail light recall issue going on the lights will randomly come on when ever they feel like it even if the car is turned off. I've paid for one battery - I bought a 6 year warranty on the thing, the dealer is arguing with me over it. Hello the warranty and battery were through you. GM did send me documents to fill out as I told them the lights come on and go off when the car is off and it's draining my battery. I have to start the car daily or the battery is dead. I've had my road side through my insurance cancel this portion of my insurance policy due to calling for a jump "too many times in a 6 month period". I finally went out and bought a jump pack. But now the car is at the dealer's and this topic came up with this BCM. So fight your fight with it - the BCM is indeed the issue draining the battery. If you've had the recall on the tail lights done and it's still draining it call GM CS ask for the forms let them know what is going on (BCM is the main issue at hand here) and try to get your money back... everything related to this recall that you've paid out of pocket is reimbursable either by the dealer the service was done at or by GM Themselves... according to the forms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts