Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm getting the brake lights on, cruise not working and having to push the brake pedal to the floor to disengage from park. I did the lubing of the harness with dielectric grease which worked for 3 days. It's doing it again. So my question is....if I purchase a used bcm can I just swap them out or is there some programming that the dealer must do?

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
I believe you have to go to the dealer so they can reprogram. Something to do with security codes. If I'm not mistaken, the replacement BCM has to communicate with your existing PCM. The PCM needs to learn a new fuel continue password.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem I got Crc electronic contact cleaner and sprayed off both sides and then put the di-electic grease on and it fixed the problem for me. I have heard this is a very common problem and the gm service manager told me how to fix it and havent had any problems in 6 months. Hope this helps

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm going to try to clean it with contact cleaner and reapply the dielectric grease today. After some poking around I realized that a used bcm is absolutely pointless because you can't reprogram it. So if worse comes to worse, I found a new one online for 160.00 and my dealer said 140.00 to program it. I hope the cleaner fixes it. :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well I'm going to try to clean it with contact cleaner and reapply the dielectric grease today. After some poking around I realized that a used bcm is absolutely pointless because you can't reprogram it. So if worse comes to worse, I found a new one online for 160.00 and my dealer said 140.00 to program it. I hope the cleaner fixes it. :)
I would take the connector off and on a half dozen times to scrape the corrosion off before doing the spray and grease.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Make sure you disconnect your battery. But doing as everyone said, Cleaning and Greasing all the connectors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK cleaned and greased tonight. Let's see how long this will last. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts