Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

First post from me, I'm a fan of most Pontiacs, including the G6. What I have learned about the Grand Prix on remote start bugs me. I wanted to compare with the G6's behavior.

I'm told with the GP, during remote start on hot days the AC will NOT turn on until the key has been put in the ignition. It will just blow in outside air.

I'm also told that for cold days, while the heat does work, the heated seats are not active until the key is inserted.

Sounds like two big :confused: to me ???

Can someone comment on how the G6 behaves during remote start?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
279 Posts
G6 with manual HVAC system on 2005 model operates in "last state" so if you turned vehicle off with A/C on the A/C will be on when in remote start.

The heated seats are not turned on by remote starter but rear defogger is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Remote Start-Defroster

I knew the heat and A/C come on if you left them on when you turned the car off. I didn't know about the rear defogger. That turns on with remote start automatically? I didn't get my G6 until March, and never had to use it in the snow or ice. That's pretty cool.

Do you need to leave the defogger on when you turn the car off?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nope, actually you can't because it is designed to turn off between ignition cycles (like fog lamps).

Body computer uses the outside air temperature sensor to decide when to turn on the rear defog. It doesn't have to be that cold, I think <58 F and you might find it on. However when you turn on ignition with key the rear defogger will turn off (so you have to decide whether you really want it on or not when driving).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts