Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I want to buy new brake pads and rotors at some point, and I know there are plenty of threads talking about the stock rotors/pads and people mention certain brands/types they have bought and recommend.

But over all, what are the top choices for brake pads/rotors. I have a 2006 G6 GT...
I found the following and I'm leaning towards them, but any advice would be helpful.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-G6-05-06-07-D-S-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270305092286QQitemZ270305092286QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

If that doesn't work (I forget, are we not supposed to post links?), they are listed by seller as Pontiac G6 05 06 07 D\S Brake Rotors Ceramic Pads.

I partake in normal driving habits... I don't have a "street" car and I don't race... I just want the best I can get in the $200 range. (I want to buy for front and rear)

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
You and I share that, I think that a set of ceramic pads and good quality rotors are all we need. The slotted rotors, from what I've read, are mainly for show.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I got new rotors and ceramics at around 45,000 miles.

Im at 80,000 now and chugging right along.

The problem is if you buy the parts no one will install them due to liability.
You have to buy their parts.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I got new rotors and ceramics at around 45,000 miles.

Im at 80,000 now and chugging right along.

The problem is if you buy the parts no one will install them due to liability.
You have to buy their parts.

Some sites, like tirerack, show you places that will install the parts you buy online. I think that's better than going to Midas (ahem, the Midas in Manassas, VA that is) where they put on sh--y pads that squealed from day 1, rotors that were surely bottom of the barrel parts, and charged me $700 for it.

·
5,352 Posts
You sure about that?? ;)

You have 11.65" in front and 10.6" in back right?
Yup...you do. Same as mine.

She has a GT....same size.

Non abs front's are 10.875"
Non abs rear's are 10.635"

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to do something soon... and by something that means decide if I want to buy just pads or pads and rotors... and decide if I want pads and rotors for both the front and back... ahhh.

Lampoon/Robert (?), did you change all the pads and rotors at 45k or just front?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some sites, like tirerack, show you places that will install the parts you buy online. I think that's better than going to Midas (ahem, the Midas in Manassas, VA that is) where they put on sh--y pads that squealed from day 1, rotors that were surely bottom of the barrel parts, and charged me $700 for it.
thanks. i may look into that. my dad or bro will likely do the work, but they make assumptions about everything and it gets annoying... so we'll see.

I guess I won't buy a new radio and instead put that [email protected] money towards brake work. I think I need a sugar daddy! ;)

·
5,352 Posts
Sugar Dad's FTW!

yes...I changed out all the rotors and all the pads. Used akebono ceramic on the back
and Bendix ceramic on the front cause the books say the GT has larger pads which it doesnt. So my Akebono's from the front go unused and occupy some shelf space in my garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts