Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 G6 sedan, I have the 4 speakers 2front 2back with the 2 tweeters in the front doors as well, im looking to install brand new speakers for the 6x9''s and the fronts which I think are 6 1/2''s. anyone have any suggestions as to whats a good fit/ quality? I currently dont have my woofers up and running due to a electrical problem that I have no idea how to fix, so im just currently looking to get the best low/mid/highs with speakers. I have A budget of around 400$

thanks for anyone that replys.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Go to a local shop and listen to a bunch and buy what sounds best to you. There is no best brand, but your ears will tell you what sounds best to you. And yes the fronts are 6.5".

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
And keep in mind that unless you are an audiophile you don't need the most expensive speakers to improve the sound. Just get some reasonably priced composite speakers that have a woofer and tweeter or also a third mid and they will usually sound better than stock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is a month old but I'm personally replacing mine with Image Dynamics CTX-6.5 in the front and the 6x9's in the rear and installing an 800-900w 4 channel amp to power them.

The whole speaker replacement is only about 500ish not including the cables I need still though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts