Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2006 pontiac g6 gt coupe)

Best buy spent 3 hours installing a new stereo for me. But they said since it's "integrated" with the Monsoon system, it pops when I change tracks, and when I turn the volume to "0."

I said this is poor work, and they said they can "bypass" the amp to solve the problem, for an additional $200 in parts and labor. The first step cost me $200 in parts and labor.

Is this necessary?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would have to agree with best Buy on this one.

With a Monsoon system you either run the monsoon stuff 100% or you run everything new. This takes time, patience and MONEY.

They have to run new speaker wires everywhere or hack up the factory stuff (dont let them do that).

Best Buy is WAY over priced for installation services anyhow.

You just need to decided what you are doing and move one route. Either leave it stock or change it all up. Anything in between will give you results like you have now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks Ryan, I live in Sd now, but I moved here from cleveland last year so thanks for hookin up a fellow Ohioan at heart.

Do you think I should pay them to finish the job (bypass the amp) for $200 or find someone local to pick up where they left off?... If I can properly explain what the prob is to somebody that is...

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where at in South Dakota?

Anywhere close to Watertown?

I have a friend out that way that used to own a shop. He may be willing to take a little side work. At least this way the job would get done right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts