Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its all gotta custom done, unless i buy the GTR exaust ive looked on youtube and havent seen any i like i want that deep agreesive sound kinda like that 350z or infinti g35 i know their diffrent motors but is it possible and any suggestions?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I have had people tell me mine sounds like a 350Z with an exhaust, but that is in person (my video was done with a cell phone, not the best quality). I believe Jetmech and mine are the best sounding custom systems on youtube, but that is my opinion. Maybe look at some of the aftermarket systems for the 350Z and see how they are set up for some ideas.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Cameras can never capture the true sound of a muffler. :) They all make that annoying rasping or whatever when the RPMs go down.

·
Living the MINI life...
98 Posts
Based on the videos ive seen, I dont like the GTR sound. And all the other videos ive seen sound too quiet. Maybe i havent watched the right videos. My video on youtube sounds way too raspy(cameras fault). http://www.youtube.com/user/JDBAADTE?feature=mhum

·
Painter
30 Posts
I got mine custom made. camaro flowmaster with the resonators cut. it sounds great. all together costed around 700
:eek: I hope you have a full set up (cat back). I hope you didnt pay that much for just the mufflers and labor...

·
Painter
30 Posts
IMO this is the best sounding 3.9 I have heard. I am going to redo mine with the 44's...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid 700 between the muffler, resonator removal, pipping, exhaust tips, and labor. not a bad deal considering the GT-R exhaust 699 plus shipping and it isnt even on the car yet lol. Il try to post a video of it later. if you liked the sound of that impala wait till u hear mine.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Blackmist- I paid 208.73 for the exact same thing in Tennessee... What kind of shop did you get this work done at a dealership?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Blackmist- I paid 208.73 for the exact same thing in Tennessee... What kind of shop did you get this work done at a stealership?
lol must have been the local STEALership

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont know if mine is considered GTR exhaust, but I have cat back exhaust with a flowmaster muffler and 2 1/2 inch tips and it has a nice deep sound. People are always commenting on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts