Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought another g6 gt vert ( previous was totaled) and need to replace the head unit so I have on screen navigation and back up camera again. I had a jvc kw-m650bt in last but was having a lot of issues with it- black screen on occasion, usb not working on and off and finally crackling noises even when radio muted. They were going to warranty out but I couldn’t schedule to get unit removed with work. So looking for another head unit for new car that has what I need and will be reliable. I will put metra in it again and steering controls. I did pull my backup camera so have that too.

· Registered
7 Posts
I just bought another g6 gt vert ( previous was totaled) and need to replace the head unit so I have on screen navigation and back up camera again. I had a jvc kw-m650bt in last but was having a lot of issues with it- black screen on occasion, usb not working on and off and finally crackling noises even when radio muted. They were going to warranty out but I couldn’t schedule to get unit removed with work. So looking for another head unit for new car that has what I need and will be reliable. I will put metra in it again and steering controls. I did pull my backup camera so have that too.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pit in a Boss touch screen with backup camera back in March, and it is still working very well. Has Apple play, and I just discovered that it will read my messages, and take dictation. Woo Hoo.
I wound up pulling the jvc from my previous g6 and installed that again with the metra unit. Need to get the backup cam installed again but the hard part done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.