Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best stuff for cleaning your dash and door panels? I tried some Formula 2000 stuff in the garage, and because of the rough finish (bumpy finish), it made it look horrible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Because of the rough finish, you're really, really, really going to have to work it into the car's dash to get it to look "even".

That's a huge problem with these newer cars. Much more difficult to shine the dash up.

My personal favorite is Armor-All Low Gloss. Looks natural, no reflective shinings.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I heard if you use the products that makes ur interior shrines it even attracts more dust? I have black interior? or it does not matter

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used Meguires Vinyl and Rubber Shine. Wow, it cleaned up the inside real nice. Works great to for under the hood with all the black pieces. Has a tiny cherry smell to it so its fresh not chemical smelling. I think it works better then Armoral.

·
Registered
1 Posts
never use armor all, it contains a "ingredient" that actually attracts dust over time, it looks real nice right away and is easy to apply, especially the wipes for tight spots, but the oil in it will actually accumulate a lot of dust in the long run. i use mothers preserve, it gives a low gloss shine with not bad dust build up and i have had good luck with getting it even

·
Registered
75 Posts
Simoniz in the orange bottle at Walmart for about $2 a bottle, goes on thin so you have to use a generous amount but it leaves a luster without looking greasy. Ive tried that 2000 stuff in the green bottle...CRAP! And I keep a package of genereic armor-all type wipes in my car for quick wipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Damp cloth or chamois for normal cleaning. Some window cleaner if there are dirt spots/spills that can't clean up with water. I don't like that armor all and other stuff, too high maintenance for me. Just damp cloth.

Jeff

·
Registered
15 Posts
The best thing that we've found to use that has worked awesome on my boyfriend's Silverado SS and his dad's 69' chevelle is Lemon Pledge. Its kind of old school but The chevelle still has the original dash and that's all he's used on it for years

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Best Thing To Use Is:

This is what I use:

Glass: Invisable Glass (Walmart)

Interior: Armor All Low Gloss (Walmart)
Note: you dont want to use a high gloss on the dash board cause all it does is reflect off and hit you in the eyes making it harder to see and bothers your eyes

Air Fresh: Calofornia Scents (autozone or lowes)<<---believe it or not

Wash: Rain X Car Wash (Walmart)

Wax: 5 Star Shine (www.5starshine.com)

Hope this helps

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
yup i do my car all the time and I detail peoples cars all the time

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is this seat fabric made of?

Seems like If I so much as get a drop of any liquid on my seats, it stains horribly. I am seriously regretting getting a tan cloth interior. Right now they look like crap and i've only had the car a few months. What can get these things clean.

I'm looking into some neoprene or leather seat covers, but those are pricey. I'll spend it if they're good quality and not those cheap slip on covers from the Autozone or Shucks.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
since ice has come out i have been using it instead of armor all i think its better. we will just have to see what it brings i dont think that it will crack the dash tho

1 - 20 of 54 Posts