Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Since that armor-all fiasco was so long ago and Armor-All even shelled out money to those who could prove their dashes were effected... is it really still thought that Armor-All has the same problem? I dunno what to think.

Also, I like a little bit of a shine, I swear using a product and having a little shine really keeps dust off. I use stuff on my dash and it stays dust-free for a long time. Now I"m questioning what to use, too. argh. But I do like the convenience of wipes. It seems that more and more brands have them out now... I guess they work fine in comparison to liquids/lotions/gels? hmm.

Dirt and dust damage dashboards. I have had several cars/trucks in my life and I used "Armorall" or "Sun-of-a-gun". Neither have done any damage to my vehicles. Dust will damage a cars interior worse than anything. Keep your car clean.

I go back over it with a cloth like it says, and then it seems to work well. It's not greasy or anything. It's like Pledge on wood. Pledge helps dust from coming back, but just using a duster wipes it off and doesn't prolong anything...

Yeah, I've definitely been in some clean but greasy cars, though.

For cleaning of interior plastic/vinyl surfaces, a simple soft cloth dampened with lukewarm water and a gentle soap is perfect. ALWAYS remove as much dirt while it is dry (this rule applies to everything). Ever had dirt caked down in the stepguards of a car? You spray your cleaner and the stuff turns to mud and ruins your rag/smears everywhere? Get a little brush or plastic splunger and loosen the dirt and suck it up with the vacuum and save a lot of work/hassle. Same with the carpet.

There are several good UV protectants for sale online, my choice being Detailer's Pride even though the stuff smells like bananas.

For leather you can use a decent cleaner followed with a lotion or warm water with a few drops of Ivory liquid soap added.

Any glass cleaner should be ammonia-free (ESPECIALLY if you have tint...ever saw a car that had retarded looking purple tint? Ammonia helps with that Joker-mobile look).

Try to make sure you don't use any products that are a dimethyl silicone oil (Armor-All). Most vinyl/rubber dressings are a mixture of kerosene/mineral spirits and dimethyl silicone oil. This serves to attack the chemicals that are in rubber and vinyl that were originally designed to help them maintain their flexibility. This is why prolonged use of Armor-All on rubber and vinyl will damage it.

I am one of those people who is constantly cleaning the interior of my car, I cant stand being in a dirty car. I used to use typical household products, until I was informed not to. My boyfriend is the same as me constantly cleaning the interior (and the exterior) but anyways he uses these amazing products. I never thought much of his products until I actually took the time to watch him use them & they are unbelievable. I dont use the exterior cleaners because I simply don't know much about detailing cars, but I do use the interior cleaners. The company is called Adams Polishes -(http://www.adamspolishes.com/) if you have a chance,take a look & order a few of the products.The carpet cleaner is my favorite!

my boyfriend uses them all, and his car is beautiful all the time-im actually jealous of how his car looks.i have only used the interior products, and i am a huge fan of them.they are great, have you used them?

I agree, when I first looked at some of the prices I thought they were to high. But once I actually saw them used, and the outcome...price was no longer an issue. How did your friend get sponsored by them? What'd (s)he have to do? My boyfriend would probably love to have his G8 become a part of that.

Laugh at me all you want, but I think all air fresheners for cars smell like shit. Why? I don't know. So, I keep a box of fabric softener sheets in the car. :) I stick them under the seats and roll them up to stick in the floor vents so they can't be seen. Smells much nicer. :) Gain is my flavor of choice. :)

Laugh at me all you want, but I think all air fresheners for cars smell like shit. Why? I don't know. So, I keep a box of fabric softener sheets in the car. :) I stick them under the seats and roll them up to stick in the floor vents so they can't be seen. Smells much nicer. :) Gain is my flavor of choice. :)
your not the 1st person i have heard that from.

Recommendations for Low Gloss Dash

Because of the reflection from the sun off the dash with normal cleaners, does anyone have any recommendations for what to use on the dash to cut down on the reflection bouncing back to the windshield?

Just use some soap and water.Thats what I do, I find most of the wipes that you can buy make the dash feel oily and shiny.

i use this stuff and it works really good

Cockpit Premium
Item Id: 924705

The interior of your car was not meant to glow or look greasy. It should look clean and original as the manufacturer intended. That's exactly what Cockpit Premium does. Contains cleaners and care components that prevent fading and aging over time. Use to treat the dash, gauge cluster, navigation and audio screens, shift knob, arm rests, leatherette (imitation leather) and steering wheel while leaving a no-shine finish. Leaves a light, fresh citrus scent. Water-based formula is free of oils and silicone.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.