Pontiac G6 Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
think they have that at canadian tire?? haha

Hahaha you'll have to come up north sometime whats the site waterfowler you got it from?

Best stuff I have ever used

Hey there. I work at a car lot and detail for them the best stuff to clean interior, that i personally use is called 100 spot and stain. It works very very well.

I dont know if anyone has heard of this or not but its a product from Car-Brite (owned by valvoline) called "Beetle Juice". its a degreaser mainly used to remove bugs and tar from the front bumpers but we use it where I work for cleaning the engine compartment and for fighting interior stains in carpets, leather, and hard surfaces. I personally like it and have bought it for my personal use as I do all kinds of work from light mechanical to custom add-ons and even detailing. Beetle Juice is pretty sweet!

I love Miguiar's for pretty much everything. Luxol one of the best products around for leather seats, but I'm cheap and use the Miguiar's leather 3 in 1 (in the pump bottle - NOT the premoistened towelettes: they don't put down enough product to really work into the leather!).

Mother's VLR is also great for on the dash and panels, but again, I'm a Miguiar girl. The finish is a nice natural sheen (not that greasy shine that grabs dust like armorall or turtle wax ice). I'm very picky with my interior detailing, and I like what I like. My car has an all black interior, and I drive a ton, so keeping it spotless is a part-time job.

Dashes and panels get wiped down/worked into with miguiar's interior quick spray on microfiber or terry, 2-3x per week depending on how much time the windows spend down and the sunroof open (very dusty where I live)

Leather seats get worked with a heavy application of either luxor or the above-mentioned Miguiar's leather 3 in 1 once a month in the cold months (drier air dries out the leather faster, as does using the heated seats, if you have them). In the warmer months, I try to do it once every 6-8 weeks.

I use weathertex floor liners since this is my daily, but even then, the carpets get a "shampooing" with miguiar's (surprise surprise) carpet cleaner or the turtle wax equivalent once every three months, or once every 2 weeks if there's been a lot of salting being done or else has been a lot of rain/mud. I also scotch-guarded my carpets when I first bought the car as a preventative measure/to help keep them from getting wear stains.

Those of you with fabric seats: I HiGHLY recommend getting your car detailed if you have stain issues, then following up the professional cleaning/stain removal with the scotch guarding. It usually makes a big difference on the seats.

I also use Miguiar's or Eagle for window cleaner. I prefer the smell of the Miguiar stuff over the weird mint smell of the Eagle (why is it mint scented? That's so stupid...).

If miguiar's isn't available, I'm also good with Mother's, specifically VLR (vinyl, leather, rubber), and griot's garage (though I like Griot's exterior stuff more than their interior stuff).

And if you're serious about keeping it show-room, for the love of god invest in a cheap set of detailing brushes. The consols on these things are dust magnets, and no rag will get in the shifter plate markers, or around the e-brake leather, or behind your bottom seatbelt strapping. They will save you a TON of time in the long run.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.