Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting my Crabs intake on in the next few weeks and was curious if anyone has any recommendations on spark plugs? I don't think they've been changed since the car was made to be honest. My fuel economy is horrid. I would like performance ones if possible. Thanks!

3.5L V6 Engine

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know a lot of people like NGK Iridium plugs. I'm using Autolite double platinums right now. Theyre a decent plug. I dont have any mods tho.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Interesting that most folks don't stick with the OEM delco plugs. I'm up to nearly 50K miles and am planning to change the plugs as it's been 7 years! I might use NGK as it's what I use in my other vehicles.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just changed the back three on mine at 33,000 miles while I'm changing the crossover pipe gaskets. I had to remove the alternator, and so much other stuff that I could easily get to the rear plugs. The stock AC Delco plugs are Iridium, at least on my '08 3.5, and show absolutely no wear or gap change. They are designed to go 100K miles, and probably will just fine. I put the same part number Delco plugs back in.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Interesting that most folks don't stick with the OEM delco plugs. I'm up to nearly 50K miles and am planning to change the plugs as it's been 7 years! I might use NGK as it's what I use in my other vehicles.
Pretty sure the OEM plugs are made by NGK iirc

·
Registered
0 Posts
Pretty sure the OEM plugs are made by NGK iirc
You are correct! The AC Delco plugs that I removed are stamped "IZTR4A11", and "Japan" on their shells. NGK's best $9.99 Laser Iridium plug listed for the 3.5 engine is the same exact part number. But, the AC Delco's price is $3.00 per plug cheaper!
BTW, the NGK Laser Iridium is a better, and more expensive plug than their Iridium IX plug.
All prices are courtesy of O'Reilly Auto Parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts