Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into replacing my 215/60/16's that go with the 16" split spoke alloy wheels on the G. I found some for $63.99/ea at an NTB nearby, plus they have a "$40 off 4 tire purchase" coupon....only thing is I've never heard of these tires. They are SIGMA SHADOWS. Has anyone else had or heard of these? Any comments?

Or I'm open for recommendations on other inexpensive replacements. I am trying to go as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know this is not what you want to hear, but don't cheap out on tires. I did and I regret it. I was in a pinch to remove the winters and decided to buy barely used continentals for almost nothing. But they are crap, and I even knew this from this forum but decided to go ahead with it anyways.

I'm sorry I don't know much about the tires your looking at but I good place to get an idea is in an online tire catalog that allows consumers to rate as well as an independent test of the tires. Good luck!

·
4.6 Interceptor
47 Posts
Did you look up tirerack.com?

I purcahsed (3) sets of tires from them and never had a problem ...great prices to :)

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I bought 18 inch Michelin tires for my car at the tirerack and have been 100% pleased. Look up your tire in a Michelin you won't regret it. Even though some may cost up to twice as much, My tires are rated at 100,000 miles and I believe they will last every bit of that.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Only problem with tirerack is that you pay for shipping which I believe is $40-50, I forget.

Discounttiredirect has free shipping and is only maybe about $5 more per tire so you'll save some money just because of the free shipping...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.