Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of product after washing and waxing your car, That doesnt leave those swirl marks in the paint? That is so annoying when the sun hits the paint to see swirl marks!!!!!!!! I want it to look the same way as the day I baught it!

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's a tricky question.

I'm not so sure there is a product in terms of soap that will prevent swirl marks, as swirl marks are typically caused by fine particles being etched into the paint, mainly from buffing with cloths that might contain these particles, or using that "Instant Spray Spray and Rub Off" Car Wash stuff.

I know there are a multitude of waxes out there that say they eliminate or cover up swirl marks, but I've had no 100% luck. Nano Wax did a pretty good job, but many people would recommend you try the Three Step polish thingy...I can't remember if its by Mothers or Meguires, but I'm going to say Mothers. Because the swirls are into your clearcoat, you need to "buff" a small layer of that clearcoat off with that polish to remove them, is what I've been told.

Good luck. Just make sure when you dry your car, you use CLEAN microfiber towels, don't lean up against the car if you can, and wash it regularly, if you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts