Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best wax I've ever used is Black Magic Liquid Paste...it makes my baby shine like nothing else!!! It lasts a long time and it looks AMAZING on my black g6 coupe. I also have the chrome rims and Black magic makes good chrome finish too!

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
The best wax I've ever used is Black Magic Liquid Paste...it makes my baby shine like nothing else!!! It lasts a long time and it looks AMAZING on my black g6 coupe. I also have the chrome rims and Black magic makes good chrome finish too!
Does it have a powdery residue?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've always been partial to Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. I used to have a white Grand Prix GXP, and that wax did wonders for the "whiteness."

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I use meguiar's NXT Generation liquid tech wax

it's sweet
The first time I used this stuff I was the most pleased with the even aplication and deep color it gave my car. Has anyone used this stuff and tried something else they like better?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
ok, I picked up some NXT and ICE clay bar. I'm going to say it blows by NANOWAX like its nothing. I'm pretty sure I won't go back to nanowax.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
I actually use different products depending on my mood.

Opti-Seal or Klasse AIO followed by Sealant Glaze (smells like liquid high-school gym socks) and then topped with whatever LSP I am feeling my cheerios for. My favorite paste wax is Harley Wax and liquid is the NXT 2.0 from Meguire's (simply because I got it for free and don't like liquid waxes).

For durability it is impossible to beat a synthetic paint sealant, however, for that wet, deep, complex, show-car shine it is impossible to beat properly formulated carnauba-based wax. If you can manage to get a carnauba with no cleaners/detergents/fragrance then you will avoid that annoying white residue that gets left on your black plastics and rubber seals.

Also...forget Rain-X. If you want a product that is INCREDIBLE on glass, try the Klasse AIO followed by the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I don't know what it is about that stuff...but it is incredible on glass and seems to last forever.

·
[IMG]http://i728.photobuc
132 Posts
black magic liquid paste does leave a white residue on your black trim but it also leaves a nice shine. consumer reports rated it the best shine when it comes to polishes. also I was not impressed with liquid clay bar from turtle wax.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts