Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Best Wax

33K views 82 replies 50 participants last post by  andrewassurance83 
#1 ·
The best wax I've ever used is Black Magic Liquid Paste...it makes my baby shine like nothing else!!! It lasts a long time and it looks AMAZING on my black g6 coupe. I also have the chrome rims and Black magic makes good chrome finish too!

#19 ·
I actually use different products depending on my mood.

Opti-Seal or Klasse AIO followed by Sealant Glaze (smells like liquid high-school gym socks) and then topped with whatever LSP I am feeling my cheerios for. My favorite paste wax is Harley Wax and liquid is the NXT 2.0 from Meguire's (simply because I got it for free and don't like liquid waxes).

For durability it is impossible to beat a synthetic paint sealant, however, for that wet, deep, complex, show-car shine it is impossible to beat properly formulated carnauba-based wax. If you can manage to get a carnauba with no cleaners/detergents/fragrance then you will avoid that annoying white residue that gets left on your black plastics and rubber seals.

Also...forget Rain-X. If you want a product that is INCREDIBLE on glass, try the Klasse AIO followed by the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I don't know what it is about that stuff...but it is incredible on glass and seems to last forever.

#21 · (Edited)
I was using meguiar's NXT Generation liquid tech wax then recently I started going all "ICE". Very happy with all their products so far. The interior cleaner is great, no residue, low/no gloss, nice smell. The ice goes on real easy. Did whole car with 1 ounce! Just don't over apply, very light coat. You can use it on plastic, chrome rubber and no white stuff left over. Do the whole exterior top to bottom with no residue worries. Not saying either is better but the ICE is little easier to apply both shine great. The quick detailer goes on the same way. Everyone has a preference but you can't go wrong with Ice or Meguires. I would be happy if I could only use either. Try em both! Turtle Wax web site has product demos for all their stuff.

#24 ·
I don't use Turtle Wax chemicals in general but I will be 100% honest when I say that the quality of their microfiber towels is quite impressive.

Meg's has their store level line of products and they also have their professional line. The store level is decent and their pro line stands tall with the other boutiques.

The liquid claybar is simply a cleaner wax.

#25 ·
Just from personal experience I have to go with NXT 2.0 If you guys are getting it to dry to a white residue you're leaving it on for to long or applying it WAY to thick.

For under $20 I would say NXT 2.0 is the best for the consumer.

Waxes over $50 and what not I have to go with
Chemical Guys 50/50, Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 , Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax and then Dodo juice supernatural.

#26 · (Edited)
Good boutiques. The main problem with white residue on the Wal-Mart waxes is when you get them on black plastic trim. Doesn't matter how fast you get it off...you're going to have white residue. Wax Blaster is a good way to remove it if you're short of Prep Solvent.

Actually...I've never heard of Dodo juice. Guess I should go back into my study and use of different products. Been off the scene for a few years.

#29 ·
Huh no love (or even hate) for

I used it on my Blue Green Crystal Grand Prix and not only did it really bring out the deep color, but after having put on 7-8 coats in the first couple years I had slacked and not put on any additional the last 2 years I had it but it still looked really good after just a washing :glasses3:

Here it is going to the dogs :D :

#31 ·
Exactly right. Detailing is like building a house. Each stage requires that the previous stage have been done correctly. If you don't prep correctly then you cannot detail correctly.

There was a television show on where some british guy charged rich people THOUSANDS of dollars to do a detail...and then he's using fricken bath towels on the car and scrubbing on the rims and finish with a normal run-of-the-mill sponge. It doesn't matter how fancy your equipment is if you're an idiot.

One argument could be that if he's going to polish all of the marring out anyway then what is the big deal...and that's fine until you realize that when you polish out a scratch you are removing the paint down to the bottom of the scratch (or removing enough finish to dull the edges of the scratch so that they do not reflect light)...and a car only has so much paint on it.

#33 ·
Meguire's NXT Generation Tech wax here...best stuff EVER!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.