Pontiac G6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Stopped by the only parts store in town today to see what they had as I would really like to keep my car clean and make the shine last.

Here is what I was handed:

-DuraGloss 901 Car Wash Concentrate (16oz cherry scent)
-DuraGloss 111 Clear Coat Polish (white box with applicator)
-Mothers Protectant (spray for rubber, vinyl, plastic)
-Wash Mitt (snow white, soft chenille)
-The Absorber

Cost: $48.18

I have watched videos, read reviews on this site/this thread, and broken it down to this:

I like the idea behind the Turtle Wax ICE line as it is safe for the WHOLE EXTERIOR of the car. I can get it on the plastic and it wont leave a white residue or anything. I would simply pickup these:

-ICE Car Wash
-ICE Synthetic Spray Wax and/or ICE Synthetic Polish
-ICE Total Interior Care Wipes

I know everyone has their favorites but I am about a fast shine/protectant. I also dont want to take a chance of messing up my plastics.

Any input?

G6Whitie

I like Meguiars products. I use their clay bar first, NXT generation tech wax 2.0 wax and back to black for the plastics. For interior I like black magic low gloss protectant and for the leather I use Meguiars gold class leather cleaner and polish. The last time I went to Wal*mart for car cleaning products I spent $50 on cleaners and polishes. (Also bought a set of new floor mats so I could throw the old beat up ones away.)

Meguiars person here too. Getting wax or polish on plastic trim won't ruin it at all. It is just a pain to remove so that's why they recommend that you don't get it on the trim.

My cleaning kit:
- Gold Class Wash
- Cleaner Wax
- Scratch-X
- Clay Kit
- NXT 2.0 Sealant/Wax
- Natural Protectorant for trim and interior
- Endurance tire gel

I'm an eagle one nano wax fan. Tried maguires didn't care for it. I use the eagle one car wash and window cleaner too. I love the brand. Can make a black car shine like mo other.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

After work, I stopped by AutoZone and picked up TW-ICE wash, TW-ICE Synthetic Wax Spray, and TW-ICE Interior Cleaner.

Also picked up a microfiber knobby wash mit as well as a pack of microfiber towels and a bucket.

I took my original purchase of everything listed in my previous post except for the Absorber back to the parts store. Guy seemed really upset at me for returning it all. I told him i didnt want to take a chance and that I really appreciated his time for talking to me about stuff. Dude was mad........lol.

Anyways, I am slipping on my bikini and heading out to wash/synthetic wax the car. I will let you guys know my impressions when I get back inside. (going to do a double wash/dry first)

G6Whitie

Wow, my arm and fingers hurt. I ran out of light as I was working on the front bumper. Bugs, bugs, and bugs. :mad:

I guess we will see how it went in the morning.

I did not get a chance to use the wax but I am going to get up early to finish.

What all do you guys use on the front bumper? Bug B Gone? There was also a few specs of I guess tar on various parts of the car. Some came off easily, others are still there. (I scrubbed)

I will hit the windows, rims, and headlights and snap a few pics for tomorrow.

G6Whitie

I actually use different products depending on my mood.

Opti-Seal or Klasse AIO followed by Sealant Glaze (smells like liquid high-school gym socks) and then topped with whatever LSP I am feeling my cheerios for. My favorite paste wax is Harley Wax and liquid is the NXT 2.0 from Meguire's (simply because I got it for free and don't like liquid waxes).

For durability it is impossible to beat a synthetic paint sealant, however, for that wet, deep, complex, show-car shine it is impossible to beat properly formulated carnauba-based wax. If you can manage to get a carnauba with no cleaners/detergents/fragrance then you will avoid that annoying white residue that gets left on your black plastics and rubber seals.

Also...forget Rain-X. If you want a product that is INCREDIBLE on glass, try the Klasse AIO followed by the Klasse Sealant Glaze. I don't know what it is about that stuff...but it is incredible on glass and seems to last forever.
Klasse is my main go to,inside and out. Next in line is 4stars.

I just did a full clean up on my car today.
I used Meguiars Natural shine protectant on the dash and other interior plastics. Used Meguiars Gold Class leather cleaner and protectant on the seats. I Used the Meguiars smooth surface clay kit over the entire exterior. Finally topped it off with Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0. I am a bit disappointed that my poor G6 has so many scratches, but it does live outside. The wax goes a very long way to making it look good though. I finished my day of cleaning by using Mother's "Back to black" trim cleaner on the lower rocker panels, lower bumper covers and the side mirror covers. it really helps to make things look smooth and black like they should.

Meguiars person here too. Getting wax or polish on plastic trim won't ruin it at all. It is just a pain to remove so that's why they recommend that you don't get it on the trim.

My cleaning kit:
- Gold Class Wash
- Cleaner Wax
- Scratch-X
- Clay Kit
- NXT 2.0 Sealant/Wax
- Natural Protectorant for trim and interior
- Endurance tire gel
My method is similar
1st)Gold class wash
2nd)Meguiars Clay Bar
3rd)NXT 2.0 Wax
4th)Armor All Trim
5th)Tire Gel

I do this with all my cars, and it results in a finish my wife could used the paint reflection to do her makeup if she wanted. lol

i got NuCar I havent used it on my whole car yet but i did it on a door and wow that stuff got that bitch shiny! it started to rain on me so i had to stop :/ gotta wash the car again lol, but i personally like meguiars car products. good quality and good price. but im really please with the results i had with NuCar!

I've used Zymol Cleaner Wax with a by hand buff job to a pretty good result. Lasted a pretty good while too, the nice thing is your hands smell like banana boat afterwards, my hands also didn't get all waxed up too. haha

I have the GTP coupe in black, so this wax a bias to the car color, but I have been really happy with the 'Black Box' line of Turtle Wax products. They have a carnuba wax swirl mark filler, and then a final coat carnuba wax that enriches the black tone. Two warnings. 1) This is a looonnggggg process wax kit. Some of it can be done mechanically, but most of it is going to be strictly by hand, and it is a three stage system, so it is more for the car enthusiast that would sleep with their car, if they could figure out how to get it in the bedroom. 2) Make sure you have quite a few clean soft rags available.

The best wheel cleaner I have used so far (other than the high test acids that dealerships can get their hands on) is the Eagle One spray on wheel cleaner. I live in a state where dirt roads are inevitable, and even on paved ones, the car is dirty as soon as you drive out of the car wash. Plus I haven't gotten a chance to change over to high grade ceramic pads yet, so there is always a good build up of brake dust, and without even touching the wheels, I can spray on the Eagle One wheel cleaner, let it sit for a minute or two, and then the grime just washes away with the hose. Great stuff!

And of course, you can't go wrong with good ol' Windex for the wind holes.

Now, I have been an Armor All fan for a long time. I personally don't feel there is anyone better at making protection products for the car. Their original spray is always a winner on the dash and leather. And I have been using their tire foam ever since I got my first car. But one thing they have failed at in my opinion, are cleaners. I used almost the entire bottle of wheel and tire cleaner in a single application, and not a single speck of dirt budged. I had to resort to just hand buffing the rims with soap.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.