Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

Was surfing today and came across this website. Discovered several have come across similar situations with their G6 that I've have. Currently have '05 and '06 sedans. Both have had the clunking during acceleration while making a left turn. Solution has been the intermediate shaft in the rack and pinion. Have also experienced boby rattles and overall body looseness which is attributed to the panoramic roof. Never again. My latest dilema happened this past week end. We live in Northwest Indiana, which was hit with record rainfall this past weekend (over 9" in two days). On a short trip to our son's home we were force thru a low spot in the road, which had around 6" of standing water. Going was slow because just in front of us was a stalled G6. They were in the process of being pushed when ours stalled. I tried to restart, but got nothing. Not even a click of the starter solenoid. Waited a while and tried again. Nothing. Finally hand pushed vehicle out of water, which by now was increasing in depth. Called tow truck and had vehicle towed to nearest Pontiac dealer. To make a long story short, water became ingested into the engine and collapsed two (2) piston rods. Result no compression.

Good news - insurance will cover. Bad news - six (6) other G6's in Pontiac service area with same problem. Discovered from service writer that the stock G6 air intake is located just behind the right side fog lamp, placing it barely 12" off the ground. Hopefully this will be something the rest of you may want to consider, when trying to drive through flooded conditions. $6000 is a lot for a replacement engine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
same thing happened to my mazda3. Insureance put in a new motor and I went and traded it in for my G6.

Lesson learned, never again will I run a Cold air intake on anything, ever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts