Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering how my G6 would look if I changed my grill surrounds from chrome to black chrome with duplicolor shadow http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/. What do you guys think? I would also do the chrome trim around the windows as well. The main color of my car is Pontiac red/maroon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this will be my next mod to do to the G6's of course waiting till the weather gets nicer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it would look awesome, since i also have chrome accents around the fog lights as well. Probably change the look of the front of the car. hummmm this is sounding like a plan to me!

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I wanted to use the Shadow Paint on mine, but you can't get it here. I think it will look sick! make sure to post up pics once you're done!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So today I went to my local auto parts store and picked up the Duplicolor shadow kit. It just cost under 20.00, not to bad. So the next nice weekend that comes around the Chicago area I will start the process!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I think I am gonna start on the black chrome this weekend. What is the best way to get the chrome inserts out for both lower and upper grills. I know how to take off the door trim. This is the only thing standing in my from doing this. I don't want to break any of the chrome pieces upon removal. any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Uppers should just pop out with a screwdriver (watch the paint). My lowers are actually clipped to the bumper in about 6 or 8 places each. I took my bumper completely off when I installed them and would do the same if I was removing them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My lowers are loose. when I bought the car they were like that. They stay in and all but i just want to break the clips that hold the recessed grills in place...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I've gone and done it. Upon removing the lower chrome grills some of the tabs broke off!!! I am trying to think of a way to keep the grills in place. I am thinking some kind of double sided tape or something. Any ideas???? I dont want to buy new grills bc they run close to 300.00! I am officially ticked off!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,354 Posts
There is a How To on removal and you actually torque opposite of what you
would think with a C card or pry tool.

fun fun fun....

Which grill do you have? I may have a spare set in the garage....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lampoon, I have the chrome lower grills with a black mesh insert. I am hoping i can figure something out and not have to pay fro new ones.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts