Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I am about to buy some new rims, but I am worried that the black on black won't go well with each other? Does anyone have black on black here and likes it? where did you get your rims?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry it wouldnt let me attach pictures in my first post

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
those look nice, but i dont wanna fully black oout my car, i feel like you wouldn't notice your rims and it will blend in with the car

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, ive just always been big on black/black haha I guess we just have different looks. I dont like bright chrome wheels.

Would that look good on my car tho?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I'm not a big fan of those wheels, but have seen black on black with a slight chrome accent on the wheels like what I have on my GTP. I dont like the look of the fake two piece wheel.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Black on black looks sweet....those look like Saleen knockoffs with studs.
That might look really good. Im usually not a wheel stud fan but those dont look bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Black car should have big ass chrome rims. Period.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Mine's black on black, But I added a red strip to the wheels the define the size, The black on black makes the wheels look so much smaller. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Black on black will look fine as long as you do something to break up the black. i.e. a color stripe on the lip, a polished/chrome lip, something.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Black on black is sweet, you just need something to break up the monotony. Like a chrome or colored lip, or get a rim that has
black and maybe gun metal spokes.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up getting those, I got a crazy good deal on them with some new goodyears also:) i'll post pics when i get them on !

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its done. Re-painted the calipers again (red). Thought about yellow but decided to stick with what was on originally.

Hopefully getting some lower springs soon as well. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those rims look sweet! I would love to throw some of those on my gtp. Big fan of the black on black

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you both, i appreciate it. I have gotten a lot of compliments as well as looks while sitting at stop lights. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea it came out better then I though it would! The only thing I think is not fitting are those little silver bolts around the edge of the wheel. But it doesn't really hold it back at all.

good work!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You gotta keep up on the tire shine! The tires look really dull compared to the shiny car and wheels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I have been keeping up with it. Its kinda hard considering I live in Oklahoma haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts