Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HiloGurl83
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently hit a dear and Im assuming the auto body place disconnected the battery to do some work. Now the display for my radio wont stay on. When i start the car the display does appear only to disapear a few seconds later. The only thing that stays on is where it says FM1 or FM2 but the radio station/time and the temp does not stay on. I can hit the display button to see it and all of the menu and info comes up, so its not a problem with the lighting. I called the dealer to se if they could help me but they are only interested in making a buck and wont tell me how to fix it myself. They just say to make an appointment and bring it in. I just want to know if its something I can fix myself and if so, how? I read the owners manual. It said to program the display hold the display buttom with the key off until the radio beeps. I did that, the radio beeped but the main display still does not stay on!
HELP ME PLEASE!! Im getting super frustrated!

·
Registered
195 Posts
again the computers on G6 are fragile and might bug after disconnecting the battary ... so it's probably not your radio but a computer ...

they only thing i can suggest is take it to a dealer and have them reset your computer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts