Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Blower motor replacement

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  O7V6G6 
#1 ·
I have a new blower motor for replacement. Each forum and direction indicates that I need to "cut out" the old motor from the plastic panel. If I do indeed cut out the old motor, how do I replace the plastic piece I have removed (cut out) and secure the replacement motor? I clearly see the two bolts and connection clip, but securing the motor cover back into place is concerning.

#2 ·
There is a kit you must purchase that is required to install a new blower motor into the spot which the old motor/fan was cut from. The kit is called a blower motor housing and seal. Not exactly sure why they decided to design these cars in such a way that requires cutting the bad or faulty blower out but the Chevy Malibu is the same. The kit comes with a plastic ring that attaches to new blower fan and then you must use the included screws to attach the entire thing to the plastic around where old fan was cut out..also the kit includes a thin foam seal that goes between the car plastic and the ring/fan so as to seal up gaps where air could leak. Be careful when cutting the old fan out as to not make the hole too large. It pretty much looks like a patch job when finished but it won't be seen. Also for future reference there is one aftermarket replacement blower fan you can buy that already has said ring attached just to save someone the trouble of buying the housing and seal kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.