Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently picked up a 2007 G6 GT and noticed that on Pontiac's official website that the interior trim pieces were available in 'silver', red, and blue. I assume that was for the center console, both doors, and the steer wheel. Currently my trim pieces are that silver-ish looking color, but would be interested in going with blue instead (my G6 is blue w/black interior). Is that something that can be replaced easily, or is it more of a factory thing and would be too late to change now?

Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased all the pieces just before they came out with the kits. My car also had the silver. The door pieces are pretty easy. When you get the new ones you will see were the tabs are, carefully press them with a small thin screw driver and they will pop right out. The console was a little more difficult. You will need to remove the shifter knob, and pull the emergency brake up. There are some round black covers about the size of a half-dollar you will need to remove to get to the bolts. Some under the stereo area and some at the back of the console. I tilted the console up from the back and reached in from the back seat. I wiggled the shifter trim around until it came loose then twisted it so it would go out the whole in the console that it sits in. It's not really hard just a little awkward.

I don't believe the interior kits include any pieces for the steering wheel, you should check with the dealer first.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.