Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Both cars wont start - 06 G6 GTP and 07 VW Golf

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dav3 
#1 ·
Both cars wont start in a measly -26. 06 G6 GTP and 07 VW Golf...neither car is winnipeg worthy...both plugged in the whole night. pathetic.

-35 with the windchill...guess its time to get a house w/ double garage

#5 ·
oh man im hating winter more and more! fkin things still arnt starting.

#6 ·
do you run synthetic oil? that makes it easier to start in the cold
you said they were pluged in so i assume the have block heaters-good
might need new batteries with better cranking amps and baterries CAN freeze and be ruined so a plug in battery blanket is a pretty good investment...........also if you have any water in the fuel that would do it too.....heet works good.....pretty much its just rubbing alchol LOL

#7 ·
hmmm thanks for the info! and no i dont have synthetic oil...im going to have to look into all this

#9 ·
sadly i think your right. esp with all this cold and trying to start it multiple times.

just think its odd both wont start but shit.

gona try n get them boosted and then check the battery connections and clean them up with a steal brush

#10 ·
just keep in mind dave that once a battery freezes no matter how old or new its basically junk, you can buy a new battery today and if it freezes tonight and wont start in the morning the new battery is junk..........a frozen battery wont ever hold a proper charge after it has frozen......like in the case of the battery on my blazer in wyoming, my first winter in MT, it got -40F ad the battery froze and after that even in warm weather it wouldnt hold a charge longer than about a day......PFYC sells electric battery blankets for the vette for $25 ive got one on order and hoping it will fit my battery as i put in an optima yellowtop for 179 and dont want it freezeing..........most of the time even in MT and ND it doesnt get cold enough for batteries to freeze but when it does get down to -40 i dont want to have to replace the batt again just cuz it froze and turned to junk LOL

#12 ·
well its looking god now.

had them both boosted last night and left them running for just over an hr....turned em off and they started up.

left mine on the road - unplugged...started fine today via remote and the golf was fine as well. hopefully nothings messed.

thinking back i think we may have caused our own issue. we had both plugged in. thing was we both have like 8 foot extension cords so we had one going from the outlet to the 1st car, then another pluged into that extension to the other car.

im thinking there wasnt enough power for both / either block heater to work, and then the next day was cold enough to not start and we drained the batteries enough to not start the next day

hope we didnt do any damage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.