Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just bought a 2008 G6 GT. Previous owner said that both fobs worked but now they don't. NO functions on the fobs work. She said it started around the time that she got her car battery replaced. Both fob batteries are new. They look like they are in good shape too. I checked the fuse associated with the receiver and it was ok. It's not often that BOTH fobs don't work like this so I'm getting the impression that the issue might be something within the vehicle itself. Any ideas what it might be???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that tip. I can use that for my other vehicle remotes. The one spare remote that I have for this car is brand new, so it should work without this. I did find a link to a TSB for this exact issue. TSB# 08-03-16-001B. Along with the fobs not working, the TPM system is not reading correctly. It has dashes on all four tire readings. That TSB covers those two issues and points me in the direction of having the RCDLR reprogrammed. This is a common issue when the car battery is replaced. $180 bill for this. Ouch! I'm crossing my fingers that this is the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got in too deep with this repair. The RCDLR module had to be replaced. After an hour of being on the phone with a GM tech we were able to get the module to take the program, but it still wouldn't work. $70 for the part and 3 hours diagnostic/install labor was kind of a waste. It's working now but it would have been cheaper to just get an aftermarket fob that would control the doors and auto start. Hopefully my encounter will help someone else make a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts