Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2008 G6 GXP the end of April 2010. It had only 150 original miles on it with all the bells and whistles. Altho some of the options I could have done without--sunroof and LARGE spoiler on back, I am pretty happy with my purchase. I finally traded in "ole bessie" the 2000 Grand Am GT I bought new in 12/99. I got 175000 miles with little repairs save a fuel pump in 2008 and went with the vented rotors for the front brakes as they were always a problem. I took it back to dealer under warranty--at 9000 miles--and asked if it was a recall--he smirked and said not yet--fixed it and got me on my way. I was wondering if it is worth going to a K and N air filter when I need it repaced and where to get wheel locks for the 18 inch rims.
Unfortunately a 16 year old with his junior liscense crashed into the bumper last week as I was parked because he did not judge well enough to make the turn--16 is TOO YOUNG TO DRIVE ANYWAY!!:mad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im a little confused, you brought the grandam in under warranty with 175000 miles? or if your talking about the g6 then how do you put on 9000 miles in 2 months? I am sooo confused :confused:

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
I'm confused as well. But I did put 3,000+ on my g6 in less than a month.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Congrats on your new ride! The drop in K&N has a pretty good reputation, a lot of people recomend taking out the resonator that is in the bumper (that is where I relocated a cone filter). As for your warped rotors, that is a very common problem, either GM did not get the front to rear braking ratio correct or the braking system is too small (I think to small, the front calipers are the same as those of the cobalt!) The wheel locks you could order off the internet from like tire rack or go to your local auto zone or pep boys and they may have them in stock or could get for you rather quickly, the dealer would offer them. Hope that helps! I have almost 90K on my GTP and have loved every mile of it! ENJOY AND HAVE FUN, but watch out for the fuzz!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im a little confused, you brought the grandam in under warranty with 175000 miles? or if your talking about the g6 then how do you put on 9000 miles in 2 months? I am sooo confused :confused:
The Grand Am I bought new in 12/99 and while it was under warranty at 9000 miles I brought back to dealer with brake problem. I got a total of 17500 out of it before I bought my GXP which only has 3500 miles on it currently:p

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Grand Am I bought new in 12/99 and while it was under warranty at 9000 miles I brought back to dealer with brake problem. I got a total of 17500 out of it before I bought my GXP which only has 3500 miles on it currently:p
Thank you :D i thought i was having a blonde moment there for a second lol, congrats on your new ride, I love my GXP! ive been breaking poor litle mustang boys hearts with it ;)

·
2010 G6 GT :)
13 Posts
You'll grow to love your sunroof! It was number two in the list of options i wanted!
Also, 16 really isn't too young to drive, they're just inexperienced. If they bumped driving to a different age, then that age group of kids would be inexperienced and the same problem would occur. I know wrecks are frustrating, but everybody makes mistakes once in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts