Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 G6 GT sedan with Pano Roof

I've had it for a week and a half and discovered there's black mold on the front driver's seat belt (gets wet) and yellow mold on the rear belt buckles.

I lifted up the rear seat and discovered a crap load of black mold spots all over the bottom of the rear seat cushion.

I pushed down on the rear driver's side carpet and it sounds like water squishing around under it.

The car seems to run great with no CEL's, but the mold smell from the interior and AC is making me sick.

I can get about $6,000 trade in for it. Should I sell it or gut the interior and fix it?

If the water leakage only affected the upholstrey and belts then that's fine, but I don't want to keep it if it affected the wiring of the car (especially seat belt tensioner wiring, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pull your glove department and check for other evidence. You might of picked up a flood victim. I checked a ford probe gt out years ago and it smelled funny and when I pulled the glove department all the way down so you can see behind it there was a residual sand like sediment.

More importantly if you have kids don't let them anywhere near that back seat

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts