Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone 2006 Pontiac G6 Sedan GTP here new to the forum as well so sorry if this has been asked and answered. So here is my problem when I start the wife's car and I press the brakes no brake lights come on. How ever when I put it in drive the brake lights come on and stay on. As well as on my dash board the light comes on next to the T/C light. Any help is appreciated thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same brake light problem. I drove around like that for over a year. All you need is dielectric Lubricant ($1.97) and it will fix the problem. Go on you tube and there is step by step instructions on how to apply lubricant to the coils. The great thing is the box where you need to apply the lubricant is inside the car on passenger side. I have a 2007 pontiac g6. So it may be a little different for your wife's car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same brake light problem. I drove around like that for over a year. All you need is dielectric Lubricant ($1.97) and it will fix the problem. Go on you tube and there is step by step instructions on how to apply lubricant to the coils. The great thing is the box where you need to apply the lubricant is inside the car on passenger side. I have a 2007 pontiac g6. So it may be a little different for your wife's car.
Ahh see the weird thing is I have been doing that for a while now. Over a year and it still happens. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an 07 gtp. You need to spray contact cleaner and use a toothbrush and brush both the male and female contacts. Spray enough on there and do that 3 or 4 times. Then apply the dielectric grease and tada!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a little more information some one tell me exactly where is the body control monitor and how do I access it. I've been looking at the Tech Bulletin: 08-05-22-009C. But it does not specifically say were the BCM is located. It also recommends calibration of the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. I do not have a clue where and how to do that. Does any one have any instructions or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I need a little more information some one tell me exactly where is the body control monitor and how do I access it. I've been looking at the Tech Bulletin: 08-05-22-009C. But it does not specifically say were the BCM is located. It also recommends calibration of the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. I do not have a clue where and how to do that. Does any one have any instructions or suggestions?
All your questions should be answered in this thread:
http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6657

The BPPS can only be calibrated/zeroed out by a dealer but that usually only needs doing after replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts