Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
08 convertible
198 Posts
I seriously doubt a seized caliper would make scraping and squeaking noises when you step on the brakes. If it's seized it won't do anything when you step on the brakes. And you can easily test it. No need to replace it. If you have the skill and tools to replace a caliper, you can push the piston in and see if it moves. You can also see if the slide pins are free.

If you're unable to diagnose it and you don't want to pay someone else to, test the caliper and replace the pads, making sure you install them correctly.

Edit:
Just saw your other post. If this grinding started after you replaced the hub, clearly you need to look at what you may have done wrong putting everything back together.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my brake caliper apart and one side pin just fell out when I removed it from the rotor. What's that mean

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took everything off including the hub and put a brand new one on that a friend bought for me out of the blue. And I replaced the CTV axle(it was going bad)....so far no noise i used thred locker on every both and triple checked everything. Noticed before taking the thing apart the rotor hub was not good and bent a little so maybe that could have been a issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts