Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I been doing some research because it is getting time for me to replace the brakes on my 6....im almost at 50k miles.....I have decided to go with gettting the R1 concepts rotors the cross drilled and slotted ones but I am unsure as to what pads I want to get....I know alot of you guys have gone with the akebono ceramic pads and have had good results but I am having trouble finding places that sell them and if they do they are really pricey like 75 for the set....has anyone had any experiences with the R1 concepts ceramic pads? LINK .......thanks guys for your input

·
4,052 Posts
I have the R1's drilled/slotted and I just decided to go to Autozone and get their ceramic pads. They cost about 60 bucks, but you cant beat their lifetime warranty. once the pads are done just take them and trade them in over the counter.

·
05 G6
101 Posts
Yup good pads....I bought some...good thing I wrk there dnt gotta pay tht much lol...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just went out and bought new pads. I am extremely happy with them now i would like to get new tires. Looking at the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. Any one have them that can give me insight on them?

The brakes I bought were Hawk HPS Street brake pads (Performance Street). They work great and have low dust and noise with great stopping power. I purchased them from TireRack.com. $78.00 for the front and $67.00 for the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts