Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the weekend i went on long trip 400 miles each way. and noticed some brake problems. car 2005 g6 gt. 48,000 miles. at speeds over 60 mph if i got on the brakes somewhat aggressively. i had a bad shutter like feeling on pedal. have done some research here i guess the rotors wear out alot. could be the problem. but my other problem that when i use the brakes it now seems like the brake pedal is soft. the pedal goes down way to far when i use the brakes. it goes almost to the floor. can anyone shine some light on this problem. could it be related to the rotors needing replace also???? :(

·
Registered
555 Posts
i have the same problem with the shuttering at any speed, but my pedal is still stiff. i was told that my rotors are either shot or need to be turned or my abs is going out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a l06 g6 and just got back from vacation this week. My car had 33K on it when I started my trip and While out East in the mountains the brakes started to chatter violently the warmer they got so I went to the Chevrolet dealer were I was staying and they told me the rear rotors were scoured and the pads were gone. since I could not continue that way I had them repair them by putting on new rotors and pads which cost me $420.00. They also said the fronts were low but I figured I could make it home and buy the pads for $60.00 and do the job myself unfortunately they also started to chatter badly the last week end before I was to return home so back into the dealer I went and out I came $225.00 lighter. I still am wondering why the brakes were so bad with only 34K on them when this happened.

I have been home now since Tuesday and today I looked and I have a Check engine light which a OBDII check says is the EGR. Tomorrow I am going to the dealer as I believe this is part of the federal emissions system and see if they will repair this as a warranty item.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i got my car used and it did the same thing during freeway speeds, it turns out that the rear rotors were warped. after new rotors and breaks all around, free of cost by the dealer :) ... the problem was fixed. as for the "soft pedal", it sounds like you have air in the lines, consider bleeding them when you take the car in. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I replaced my rotors and pads at 45k.
Pedal to floor sounds like a pressure issue maybe.
Have you checked your brake fluid? leak?
Sounds like your overdue to update your brakes.

btw- Im at almost 92k now and my "new" brakes are still working GREAT!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.