Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last month I noticed this "squeak", more of a metal on metal sound, similar to what it sounds like when the brake pads are worn to the wear tabs. This noise is only caused by making left turns or going over a bump, always comes from the passenger side front and goes away when I hit the brakes, but the sound did not happen every time I turned left or hit a bump. Also, no odd feeling in the brakes or steering. I figured one of the pads was sticking so I replaced them today, but didn't see any evidence of the noise. The only odd wear patterns were one of the pads was more worn than the other on each side. Got the new pads on, test drove, problem is significantly decreased but still pops up every now and then, and when I hit the brakes it goes away.

I hope I described that adequately. I was just wondering if anyone else had anything similar and If I'm right about one of the pads "sticking"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.