Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
if thats not the problem it could be the brake switch as well they replaced mine when i had those same problems except i had the glitchy cruise too but they changed out my brake switch and everythings good now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did your car do the brake thing alot? My brake lights came on once when my cruise control was on and it shut my cruise control off. But the cruise control started working fine after I tapped the brakes and the brake lights went off. And I have never had any problems shifting out of park. Also my vehicle was not included in the recall imagine that.

·
Registered
911 Posts
haha yeah i feel ya with the recall man. and the brakes seemed to be ALWAYS on leading up to when i had it fixed. you might not have the same prob as me so it might just be the spray lubricant

·
Registered
8 Posts
my brake lights seem to be staying on more regularly, so I am going to try to put some dielectric grease on teh BCM. Has anyone done this, I know I have to disconnect the battery, do I need to take the whole dash off or can I just pull the right side center console trim off. Wasn't able to find anything on google about how to remove that panel.

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
its Body Control Mod call Pontiac bcuz there was a recall on them but only on certain VIN #s and mine wasnt one of them surprise surprise. But its located under dash on driver side and all they need to do is spray some lubricant on wires bcuz they have corrossion on them. Only cost me $40 dollars and Pontiac called local Pontiac dealer to set up time , and then when i took it in i watched them spray wires so if it happend again i do it myself. The dealer wanted to do a diagnastic check to see if that is what problem was and i said hell no , they just wanted to get more money. It only takes couple min to do , i hope this helps. Let me know what happens
Good Info, will help us stay on top of this issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This thread was very helpful. I had the same problem with brake lights staying on and making a strange noise when first pressing down on them. I bought some Dielectric Silicon and put it on the connectors on the BCM and the problem is gone. Thanks all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have read several things on google saying the bcm is on the right side, and someone on here said it was on the left side. I was dielectric grease on the one plug on the left panel and on 1 of 3 plugs on the right panel, the one with the bolt that secures it in place. I havent had any problems since I did this, but the car did start rough the first couple times, and for future reference dont use your remote starter until youv'e started your car a couple of times and drove around the block. I used my remote starter and it just kept cranking over until I put the key in and shut it off then started it with the key and it started rough meaning took longer than normal to turn over but was fine once I drove around the block and restarted it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brake Light Stays On

It's been a couple years since someone commented on the brake light issue. My 2007 G6 brake light stays on while I'm driving and goes off when I press on the brakes. Can someone tell me how they fixed the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
:beer:

so i have been having the same problem 2006 G6 GTP. and over the weekend i replaced the brake sensor switch and BAM fixed, well so i thought. i replaced it on Thursday and it worked for a whole 5 days and now i am having the same exact problems. does not want to come out of drive, (you have to hold the the gear shifter and then turn on the key) brake lights come on while cruising down the high way,(of course the cruise control don't work unless you ride the brake), also makes the brakes go off until your release pressure off the brakes then bam right on again. I have had the same problem about 6 times since 06. and everytime is was the switch. but what now? but now i can't afford to take it into the dealer since the extended warranty has ran out last month. i really don't want to get rid of this car she's by baby! could n e 1 send some tech advise my way place.

·
G6 Enthusiast
24 Posts
Brake lights stay on

Hello all, Ive had this problem since i bought it 3 years ago. Well, my brake lights stay on constantly..even when the brake isn't being pressed. If i am driving on a highway, and i tap on my brakes, they go off for about 10secs, then come back on. I even replaced the "stop light switch" located under the brake pedal..2 times. What else could it possibly be?

·
Registered
911 Posts
theres a TSB out for it and i told my dealer about it and they said mine wasn't covered (of course)...i had the same problem as you as well as my cruise control not working. i had my brake lamp switched and it worked for a while took it back, dealer took it out back and said okay well gm doesn't know what else so let us know if it happens again. strangely it never happened again...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had this problem mine was the pedel posistion sensor my 6 has the moveable pedels and the sensor got out of adjustment dearler fixed under warrenty hope this helps

·
G6 Enthusiast
24 Posts
Had this problem mine was the pedel posistion sensor my 6 has the moveable pedels and the sensor got out of adjustment dearler fixed under warrenty hope this helps
thanks Gator, ill look into that since replacing the Brake light switch didnt work.

revertheclown, whats a "TSB" ?

·
Registered
911 Posts
TSB Reference
#SB-08-05-22-009A

tsb's are made to bring problems and their fixes to dealerships/owners attention and are only covered by the dealershit if your cars in warranty...its not a recall

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a recall

There is a small recall for this problem now; apparently a limited number of 2005 G6's - but not mine >:-(

It has to do with corrosion on a Body Control Module connectors. All the dealer does with the recall is spray dielectric lubricant onto the connections. You can easily do this yourself.

21 - 40 of 108 Posts