Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening, ladies and gents

Time to throw some new pads & rotors on the G6. Looking to order the parts online at Rock Auto, but not completely sure which brand is the best. I know for a fact that I want ceramic pads, but outside of that, i'm lost. :bash: lol... Anyone have experience with Raybestos, Wagner, or AC Delco? If so, which would you recommend? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think pads are pads, ceramic cuts down on the brake dust but beyond that unless you upgrade to bigger calipers and rotors I don't think there's much difference

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Get your rotors from R1 concepts and you won't be disappointed. I'm running autozone cmax pads so I can't say much about what rock auto has.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think pads are pads, ceramic cuts down on the brake dust but beyond that unless you upgrade to bigger calipers and rotors I don't think there's much difference

So, are you saying there's not much variance between brands, or that there's not much difference between semi-metallic and ceramic?

·
Registered
447 Posts

Pads are not just pads, theres a huge difference between brands and pad compounds. Typically ceramic pads are going to cut down on brake performance

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Semi metallic pads are crap compared to ceramic. They're cheaper but they make more dust and are less effective as breaks.
With pads you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Semi metallic pads are crap compared to ceramic. They're cheaper but they make more dust and are less effective as breaks.
With pads you get what you pay for.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I've also read that ceramic lasts alot longer than metallic/semi-metallic, that's primarily the reason why I'm interested. I checked out R1 concepts for the rotors, but they are a little more than I'd want to spend on a base model car...however, do you know anything about the quality of their pads?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I don't. I only got their E-line rotors. They do the job for me. I think other users have used them though try searching to see if anyone posted any good info.

And Chad I'm not trying to attack you. But a $50 set of ceramics will perform way better than a $20 set of semi-metallics. They produce less dust, are way less likely to squeak and last longer. Mainly because ceramic as a braking material handles heat a lot better so it doesn't break down or fade as fast.
Of course there's other types of pads out there. I just use semi-metallic and ceramic as examples because they're most commonly purchased.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I know bro I'm just saying as far as pads you get at say autozone are as good as any, I agree the ceramic arr the way to go they last longer and produce less dust, total agreement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts