Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a car and I have already placed a reserve on a used '08 G6 GXP sedan. I've read on consumer reports that the brakes are just horrible. On the test drive I did notice I had to press very firmly to get a solid result on the brakes. Is this normal? The car is also a certified pre-owned car so it had to pass inspection to be certified. Otherwise I like the car very much, but am just worried about the brakes. Any advice or comments?

·
Registered
638 Posts
ya the stock brakes do SUCK...... but thats on all the models, not just the GXP...... you can get brembo brakes off the cobalt for around 600 with 4 piston calipers bigger rotor that will never warp again etc.....

as far as the pedal in the car you drove the brake fluid probably needs changed... to keep everything in top shape the brake fluid should be changed ever 2yrs/24k miles but rarely anyone ever does any sort of maintenance besided gass and oil on vehicles anymore :( which is why i had to buy both my GXPs brand new because i could not find one that was acceptable to my very high standards.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts