Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally came back home to MI for the weekend and bought one of the few NEW G6 GXP coupes left, shes an 09 Carbon Black Metalic 2dr coupe that had only 35 miles, and i love it. i also still have my 08 GT sedan that now has 121k miles and been thru 6 radiators now but thats another story.........the plan is to keep using my GT out west for work so my GXP can stay at home in the garage so i dont put a ton of miles on it or get it all rock chipped up like would happen out here.......the big plan is to pay it all off before i start doin many mods to it, and i hope if work goes well i can pay it off by next fall..........but until then the only mods i will probably be doing is window tint, race series MMIs, DDM Tuning HIDs and mabey a crab intake.....i also really want to have the street edition hood added to so i might do that before its paid off but not much more than those.........after its paid off its gonna get a full crab intake with FPU, Catless headers from milzy if theyll make another set, GTR exhaust, WAMS tune,Brembo Brakes, Megan racing Coilovers and after that mabey have the IMs and Heads port and polished.......way down the road i wanna have a cam set put in and would like to get it turboed but well see.........as far as apearance mods go i want to probbly get some aftermarket tail lights, and mabey the street edition hammerhead spoiler and a touch screen DVD/Nav radio and some subs.......

now for some pics........i wasnt home for very long this weekend so i didnt get many pics and cant beleive i didnt take any of the interior lol, i barely had time to wash claybar and wax it before i had to leave sat night, but at least shes all clean now and will be waiting for me when i come back for thanksgiving........in the mean time im havin my parents remote start it once a week and drive it around a little bit every now and then

I also am going to get a custom liscence plate for it too, that will hopfully read either HOT GXP, HOTT GXP, or SEXY GXP lol HOT GXP would be my first choice tho lol........

I absolutely LOVE the 3.6L DOHC V6 and the 6spd auto lol, its awesome and far better quality that the 3.5/4spd auto my GT has......

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
soooooo, the parents said my custom plate showed up today so they took a pic of it and texted it to me..now i just gotta get them to put it on the car and take some pics with a decent camera haha........im looking to get a smoked LP cover before i got home at thanksgiving, but im haveing trouble decideding if i want it in a black frame or a chromed frame........

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys :) now if only i got to see it more often :rolleyes: LOL.........oh what i would give for a job at a powercompany back home where i could be home every night and not have to put 60-70k miles on a year lol........AND still make the same amount of money lol.......kinda sucks cuz i make more money out west as an apprentice than i would make if i went back home when i was a journeyman LOL soo i guess i just gotta work out here till i have all the toys i want then move back and not have too many bills and then the less mney wouldnt be as bad haha.........

·
Phantom Warrior
80 Posts
Milzy headers??? How??? Cost???

·
Banned
258 Posts
Be prepared to spend a crap load on headers....like a grand.

BTW I know OBX is horrible, and Im waiting to hear on how this one user on G6P is going to install them and write a review. But they are pretty cheap for the LX9.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be prepared to spend a crap load on headers....like a grand.

BTW I know OBX is horrible, and Im waiting to hear on how this one user on G6P is going to install them and write a review. But they are pretty cheap for the LX9.
ya i think the group buy on the headers was $850 and i think it was said after the group buy sets they would be $950...........i just hope that they will be willing to make another set after seeing how long it took to get a few sets made lol..........the money doesnt bother me much because i really want headers on the 3.6 BAD lol.........its just gonna take a lil while haha hopefully i get some before the end of next summer lol.........

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, ive now got racingline RACE series motor mount inserts orderd and will be ordering 6000k 35W DDM slim HIDs for the lows and fogs and 55w 8000ks for the highs........... i plan on having the windows tinted before the end of the year, im thinkin 15% all around, and that will be about it for mods.....come tax return time i will hopefully be getting a set of 19" ASA JH9s along with 245/40ZR19 tires either pirelli pzero neros, bridgstone RE760 sports, or hankook ventus V12 evos.........havent decided between those 3 yet..........

i want to paint the shark fin antenna to match, and am thinking about painting the interior trim pieces carbon black metalic as well

looking at getting the gxp street edition hood put on around tax return time after the wheels and then the mods will be few and far between until i get her paid off.......

anyways heres the most recent pics ive had my family take for me, including my custom plate i ordered..........

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i went home for thanksgiving and did some mods i had ordered i put in my RACE series motor mount inserts, 6000K 35w DDM HIDs lows and fogs 8000k 55w highs, a chrome liscenc plate frame/ slightly smoked cover and some G6Performance.com stickers

heres the pics.........i also got a wireing harness from a wrecked 6er that goes from the fuse box to the headlights and made it so that the wires to the lights are 14ga and plug right in to the balasts and switched the DRLs to the fogs and its possible to turn halos into the drls if i get some projector lights........

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and a few more

i plan on geting the windows tinted 15% all around and a Crab intake by the time i go home for christmas, as i also removed the intake resonator while i had the front bumper off

·
;)
386 Posts
Nice Job Looks good. Is it easy removing the front ends of the 6? I plan on it & was wondering if it was just a few screws & tabs.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts