Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 g6 gt 4 door sedan 3.5L. the trunk latch just randomly broke. ive tried using the key to see if the latch would open that way and it won't work. so when i try and shut the trunk the latch won't open to hook to its attachment point. the dealship wants to charge me $350 for this ($220 for the part, the rest labor). ive tried 5 different junk yards and no one has the part. anyone have this happen? have you replaced the part yourself?

· Registered
90 Posts
Not sure this will help but sometimes the latch gets out of sequence. It gets stuck or moved to the closed position when open and then won't latch when you go to shut it. I've had that happen on a couple of van doors. I pushed the latch (sometimes you have to play with it) with a screw driver to the back open position and then when you close it it latches and is back in sequence again. Not sure if this addresses your problem. Good luck;)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trunk update

thanks for the help. i played around with it yesterday and jammed a screwdriver in there and hit the trunk button on the remote and somehow it popped back open. its works for now, but im going to give it time and see if it happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.