Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you ever go to the grocery store, Wal-Mart, or anywhere that has buggies, please put your buggy, if you have one, up in the buggy rack and then if you see one just sitting out in the parkign lot of a store, pick it up and toss it across the parking lot for me, just make sure my car is not around! Yesterday, while I was at Wal-Mart, I had parked away from everyone. There were 3 parking spaces between me and the next car. I was in Wal-Mart about 15 minutes and when I came out there were cars on both sides of me and a nice buggy resting against my car. Needless to say, there was a nice scratch and 2 dents in my driver's side door. My husband managed to get the white paint from the buggy off of my car, but the dents, I believe are hopeless. The biggest one is right where the line is that comes across the car. I'm not sure what that line is called, I call it the definition line, it's the line that's made into the door, anyway, now it has 2 to go with it!! Plus, my G6 GT is black, so you can see the dents at any angle!! I was so not happy about this!! :mad: I don't think people should be allowed to leave the store with a buggy. I know sometimes I have a load in the buggy, but if it would keep the buggies from being left in the parking lot, I would understand. It's bad enough that we have to worry about people and their car doors, buggies not being allowed outside, would be one less scratch/dent in our doors. I've got a new door ding on my passenger side door handle too. :eek: I know it could be worse, but these are unnecessary scratches and dents!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know how you feel. I have had a real problem with people just slamming open their doors and hitting my car. I already have a big dent in my rear drivers side panel right above the wheel that even chipped away the paint.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hambone said:
Aldi's grocery requires a quarter to get a cart(buggyYou have to take it back to the store to get you $.25 back.

That is Great!! :banana: All stores need to do that!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I read the title of Buggies I thought I was going to get to comment about what a pain those darn things are to scrape off. ::D:

It doesn't seem to help that alot of people who shop at Wal-Mart have an IQ lower than that of the cart which they are pushing. Maybe that's why they can't manage to put them back into one of the 20 corals in the parking lot? :bash:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Having experienced these lunkheads years ago with my first new truck, I made a vow to my beloved vehicles (present and future) that from then on I would park where NOBODY else was and use two spaces at an angle.

Keeping the same vow with the G6, three vehicles and 10 years later, I'm still dent-free.

I'll never take two spaces up close to the store, but parking out in the boonies at least 20 spaces from the nearest vehicle doesn't cause me to lose any sleep at night. And I have yet to find anybody parked even close to me when I come back out.

I figure that the extra 30 seconds it takes to walk the extra distance is well worth the peace of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts