Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around and after getting a hot and ready pizza I noticed that my driver side headlight was out. later that day when parking I noticed that i was back on (thought i was going crazy). Later on I discovered that the bulb was actually was out. So I take it to the dealership to see what was going on and the guy there tells me that some times the filament will wiggle around and make contact appearing to be a functioning bulb. so they are looking at my car for about 1.5 hrs only to tell me the bulb was out and nothing else was the matter. mind you that I mentioned to the guy at the desk that the head light seemed a little foggy. any way I get some bulbs and while removing the old bulb i notice that the socket is partially melted I think hmmmmm, it must have melted and smoked out the headlamp and stained the head light fixture. any who I get the new bulb in and it works for an hour or two before giving out. long story short I am trying to find a replacement socket for the h11 bulb but every thing I find online appears to only have two wires when looking at the headlight I noticed that it has three. I'm thinking that one is for the ground I'm wondering if I can somehow splice into the negative and lead it to the body or something. help pleas!!!!!!! I don't want to have to buy a new fixture.

· Registered
912 Posts
http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm

Look down the page a little and you'll find the 3057/3157 bulb sockets i believe you will need type 2 they have the three wires like your looking for and are around 3.50 shipping is fast i recently bought wire, heat-shrink tube, and 194 bulb sockets for a special project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.