Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I have a 2007 gtp and do burnouts before i usually race people.

Sometimes i mostly floor it during the burnout and let it shift fast from 1st to second gear and run the burnout through 2nd gear a bit. Its the 6spd automatic transmission.

Does this cause any injury to the car?

·
Registered
208 Posts
You are talking about a G6 right?
G6's are not drag cars. Those transmissions are not set up for burnouts.
Maybe a Corvette, but not a G6...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anybodey like to give a more thourough answer? actually i know its hard on justa bout everything, tires, trans and engine... But wouldnt you say its made to handle that kind of driving?
If you keep letting the tranny shift to 2nd gear you will wear out you clutch packs for that gear. It would be best just to leave it in 1st and not let it shift. You could look into getting a shift kit but I do not know if they make one for your tranny. The harder it shifts the easier it is on the clutch packs, hence less slippage. But then its harder on the rest of the drivetrain.

Wheel bearings, suspension components, and engine bearings will have excessive stress not to mention the differential.

·
Registered
638 Posts
agreed ^^^ its better to use tapshift and keep it in first while only givin enough throttle to keep them spinning but not so much that it goes to redline.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.