Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 2008 G6 GT 4dr sedan with 3.5L v6 this Friday, the car has 93,000 miles on it and I'm buying for $3400USD. One owner and the guy has every service receipt and never been in an accident. Good buy?? How much longer do you think this will last me if I keep up on good maintenance? Also any extra tips are appreciate as this will be my first Pontiac. Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I paid almost the same amount for my 08 gt Sedan, with 164k MILES on it. Some lower rocker panel rust but part of the price included a USED 80k MILE transmission. IF no record of trans oil and filter change DO IT. Wife (her car) VERY HAPPY with the G6 overall.
Suspension/brakes/ tires/exhaust costs no different than any other similar class make vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid almost the same amount for my 08 gt Sedan, with 164k MILES on it. Some lower rocker panel rust but part of the price included a USED 80k MILE transmission. IF no record of trans oil and filter change DO IT. Wife (her car) VERY HAPPY with the G6 overall.
Suspension/brakes/ tires/exhaust costs no different than any other similar class make vehicle
He has a service receipt that he just changed the trans oil and filter about 2000 miles ago. So you think this is a good buy? Body is in mint condition and has leather seats and a sunroof.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a "twin" to ours...What COLOR, we have the deep blue....YES a decent deal!
It's in white. And thanks for the tips I'm really excited and hoping I can get at least 3 good years out of it if not many more

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ugh...Too EASY to loose sight of while driving in our many winter SNOW STORMS on the Buffalo, NY side of our state for us to have a white color in any make car we've owned!...:) ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh...Too EASY to loose sight of while driving in our many winter SNOW STORMS on the Buffalo, NY side of our state for us to have a white color in any make car we've owned!...:) ;)
I live in Calgary AB in Canada and we get really gnarly winters/blizzards -40 Celsius is the norm. Not worried haha

·
Registered
256 Posts
I live in Calgary AB in Canada and we get really gnarly winters/blizzards -40 Celsius is the norm. Not worried haha
17" or 18" rims on this ride?
Mine came with the OPTIONAL 18" rims. Going to put on 17" rims from a base model with snow tires for next winters running(already a "done deal" for $200US) and buy new summer treads for the 18"rims when the current snows on it wear out. I prefer the slightly taller sidewall for "winters ruts, bumps and potholes".
Your folk up there are probably MUCH MORE attentive to their driving in such winter conditions than folk around me. This past winter was very mild for us, BUT we more often have winters similar to yours! ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
17" or 18" rims on this ride?
Mine came with the OPTIONAL 18" rims. Going to put on 17" rims from a base model with snow tires for next winters running(already a "done deal" for $200US) and buy new summer treads for the 18"rims when the current snows on it wear out. I prefer the slightly taller sidewall for "winters ruts, bumps and potholes".
Your folk up there are probably MUCH MORE attentive to their driving in such winter conditions than folk around me. This past winter was very mild for us, BUT we more often have winters similar to yours! ;)
17" inch on them currently will keep them on and he just got new all seasons on them which is nice. And yea people here are very used to the conditions haha it's just second nature

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm buying a 2008 G6 GT 4dr sedan with 3.5L v6 this Friday, the car has 93,000 miles on it and I'm buying for $3400USD. One owner and the guy has every service receipt and never been in an accident. Good buy?? How much longer do you think this will last me if I keep up on good maintenance? Also any extra tips are appreciate as this will be my first Pontiac. Thanks!
17" inch on them currently will keep them on and he just got new all seasons on them which is nice. And yea people here are very used to the conditions haha it's just second nature
My 2006 has 208,000 miles on it v6 run fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had to replace my motor at 349K 2010 base 3.5

·
Registered
06 G6 GT
19 Posts
My 2006 has 208,000 miles on it v6 run fine
The 3.5 is a good engine, though well known for overheating. It's design never stood a chance, but if well maintained, you'll never question it's integrity. I own two G6s with the 3.5 and I've the same problem in both, so please pay attention! The seal for the oil pan wears out, resulting in a painfully slow oil leak. It's not an incredibly hard replacement, and can/will save yourself some grief in the future!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts