Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and have a few questions before i go ahead and buy this G6...

Im coming from a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500...loaded out with the chrome 20's 6 disc tinted windows and 2 alpine type r 10's
Love the truck but cant deal with the gas milage and lease pmt so my dad is going to take it over...

First of all it's a 2006 GTP COUPE with 34xxx miles on it...got the 6spd manual which i had a hard time finding. Loaded out with everything but a sunroof...

i will be buying it from a friend who's family owns a pontiac dealer, they bought this car at auction where it was origionally a GM ren cen car with 5k miles on it.

Now it's got 20 inch FOOSE chrome wheels (new) and toyo tires along with the stock GTP wheels and tires for the michigan winters.

Also he has a JVC in dash dvd unit with 2 MTX 15's

all of this for $14000

good deal or no??

question...how does the clutch hold up on these....i know he has not ragged on this car at all, and has all the maint done at the dealer.

Sorry for the LONG post

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

New to the forum and have a few questions before i go ahead and buy this G6...

Im coming from a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500...loaded out with the chrome 20's 6 disc tinted windows and 2 alpine type r 10's
Love the truck but cant deal with the gas milage and lease pmt so my dad is going to take it over...

First of all it's a 2006 GTP COUPE with 34xxx miles on it...got the 6spd manual which i had a hard time finding. Loaded out with everything but a sunroof...

i will be buying it from a friend who's family owns a pontiac dealer, they bought this car at auction where it was origionally a GM ren cen car with 5k miles on it.

Now it's got 20 inch FOOSE chrome wheels (new) and toyo tires along with the stock GTP wheels and tires for the michigan winters.

Also he has a JVC in dash dvd unit with 2 MTX 15's

all of this for $14000

good deal or no??

question...how does the clutch hold up on these....i know he has not ragged on this car at all, and has all the maint done at the dealer.

Sorry for the LONG post

Tim

Sounds like a good deal to me! I have had two G6's with the first being a 05' GT Sedan and my current ride a 06' GTP coupe. It also has the 6-speed......Personally, I have never owned a car that I enjoy more or that has received so many compliments! As a matter of fact a days hardly goes by when someone doesn't tell me what a nice ride that I have. I only wish I had some pics for the members to see. Its fire engine red with a tan and black leather interior with a big sun roof. Really, the only short coming is my GT with a 4-speed auto got 26-27 mpg and the GTP with the 6-speed manual gets around 20-22 mpg. Otherwise its a blast to drive and so sweet to look at!:D I would add I believe the older 06' 3.9L is superior in day to day driving than the 07' 24v 3.6L. (I purchased it brand new last April) As the former has better low end torque...........just my opinion and the reason I purchased a 06' vs the newer 07'. It wasn't easy to find either. That said, my mother is a retired GM employee so I get great deals nonetheless....;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.