Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Should I buy the 2006 Pontiac G6?

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get a "new" vehicle, and the one car I keep coming back to and looking at is a 2006 Pontiac G6, 3.5l V6. But I am also hesitant on getting it because of all of the things I have read about it, some good and some bad. All the recalls on this G6 have been done and a couple other things have been replaced (Water Pump, Headlights). It also has 184 thousand miles but it is running good (as far as they tell me and that I can tell in the test drives. So I'm asking this forum, is this a car that will be good for getting me around in college, or should I avoid this car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT (3.5L V6) I've had her since ~170k and I'm at 190 now and she still runs fine. I had to put in a bit of work though, but all of my maintenance has been under 1k total if that helps. It's a fun car and the insurance rates for it are pretty cheap too. I'd say if you're looking for long term you could easily push it to 250k and it's a good car to learn with too imo. I'm going through collage myself and I gotta say this car is very durable and looks good as long as you take care of it.

Again it depends how you drive it too, but I drive like an idiot and the car doesn't complain at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts