Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a 2007 g6 and it still has about 750 miles of bumper to bumper coverage and I was wondering if instead of taking it a mechanic to have it looked at if I can take it to pontiac dealer even though there is actually nothing wrong with it? I just expected I can take it in and tell them I just bought it and since the 36k warranty is over in 750 miles can they give it a complete look over. Is this something I can do?

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I would recommend a mechanic over a dealer. Just take your mechanic with you to have him look at it and go with you on the test drive.

Often dealerships dont really know exactly what they are doing and just follow instructions.
Plus, they are only going to tell you something thats wrong if they can make money off of it.

· Registered
2 Posts
I would recomend making sure that you even still have the warranty left before spending money on a mechanic. The B to B is a 36k or 36Month from the original purchase date. Check you paperwork or call the dealer to have them look up if the 36 months have or have not expired

· Registered
470 Posts
I'd take it to a local shop as well for a thorough once-over. Better to catch something now, rather than later. Even if it's a minor problem, or something doesn't seem right, take it to the dealer so at least they can get it on file that you came in for a problem. If that problem turns into something that ends up costing you money in 5-10K, you can check back with the dealer and mention to them that that problem started when the vehicle was still under warranty. If anything, it'll give you some bargaining power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.