Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently in an accident, and am looking to buy a new car now. I was looking at a used 2005 G6 GT, but it has 77,000 miles on it, I'm planning on only needing it for 3 maybe 4 years at most before I get a new car. However, before I make the committment I would appreciate of anyone could give me input on how Pontiacs do with a lot of miles. I don't want to spend a lot of money on repairs, if I do decide on this car. I've read reviews online, and read a lot saying that it was a great car, and I've also read some saying that all the car offers is problems. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Other than the usual maintenance,i know early G6's had rack & pinion and intermediate shaft problems.I would want to know how much maintenance (oil changes and flushes,etc) this car has had in it past.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Overall in the past, GM vehicles are average at best in terms of problems over the life of the vehicle. The current models such as the G6 seem to be built much better. Being the first production year, the 2005 G6 is the most trouble-prone.

Common issues include:
body panels misalignment, loose, or partially detached;
electric power steering locks up suddenly;
over-cranking when starting the car;
sunroof leaks;
panorama sunroof rattles;
steering clunks or pops when turning,
brakes vibration.

The G6 also suffers from poor resale value, which is good for an used car buyer like you. I saw some 2005 G6s listed for sale at half the original MSRP. You should be able to get one dirt cheap especially if it has high mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.