Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. If this is addressed somewhere else in the forum, please direct me.

I am about to purchase a used 2006 G6 for my daughter. I know I should at least receive two keys with remotes. Is there anything else which comes with the new vehicle I should check for. For example, my Jetta came with two keys w/remote, a valet key, and a plastic tag with the radio code which is necessary if the radio is removed and replaced. Does the G6 come with anything of that nature?

I will certainly check to be sure there is a spare tire and jack. ;) Any other tools which should be there?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would expect two keys, two remotes, and floormats if equiped.
I dont think there are any codes on these decks.
I also wouldn't spend any more than $14,000 on a used low mileage v6 model. ;)

tkindler said:
Newbie here. If this is addressed somewhere else in the forum, please direct me.

I am about to purchase a used 2006 G6 for my daughter. I know I should at least receive two keys with remotes. Is there anything else which comes with the new vehicle I should check for. For example, my Jetta came with two keys w/remote, a valet key, and a plastic tag with the radio code which is necessary if the radio is removed and replaced. Does the G6 come with anything of that nature?

I will certainly check to be sure there is a spare tire and jack. ;) Any other tools which should be there?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There may also be side cargo nets in the trunk, and two little tags with a bar code/alpha-numeric number on them that are the key combination to have new car keys cut. I have a nasty little habit of ripping off the cargo nets when I trade in :cool: so check to see that they are there. If it's missing, you can tell if it came with the car by checking the RPO sticker in the glove box for an AP9 code. The radio code is linked to the car via the computer so there is no code required for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.