Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the 2.4l g6 and i was looking to get a cai. but reading through the forums i guess i cant get one. is there something else i can do to increase air flow or something else to get a boost in hp that wont mess my computer up? i saw in a photo someone replaced the tubing that goes from the air box to the throttle body but left the stock air box. could i do that or something else and it still work? and preferably something that wont break my wallet. considering theres already nothing in it :(

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
The only option isnt cheap as it requires a tune.

Any chance to trade that bad boy in on a V6...?

Injen makes an intake for your 2.4l but it constricts the airflow to that of your stock
flow to prevent the CEL so it really does no good (IMHO).

The G6 2.4l doesnt adapt well to added air like its V6 brothers.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i wish i could snag a v6 but its just not in the equation right now :( im either gonna eventually get one or when my engine gets up there in miles im goona swap out engines with the v6 if i can. but what site can i find the cai on just bc im curious as to what it looks like...

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and around how much would it cost to get it tuned?

·
Legend
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked on the injen website bc i was curious but the cai for the 2.4l was 08 and 09. i have an 07. is there anything i can get for that year?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts