Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so ive been wanting to paint my calipers but havent gotten to it. i finally bought a kit,

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Dupli-Color-Red-high-performance-caliper-brake-paint-kit/_/N-25yv?counter=2&filterByKeyWord=caliper&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=539677_0_0_

after thinking about it i realized that i wanted blue instead of the red so i bought this

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/VHT-Paints-11-oz-bright-blue-caliper-paint/_/N-25yv?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=caliper&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=419006_0_0_

ok so heres my questions:
1) will one can be enough for all 4?
2) can i just do the same steps as the kit says but just replace the paint?
3) if anyones ever used the blue spray paint, is it as bright as it is in the pic or is it dark like on the cap

thanksss and sorry for the dumb questions:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
The spray paint has 3 more ounces to it. But it's a spray so a lot of it is going to be wasted but you're either going to need to really mask off around your rotors or remove the caliper to spray them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spray paint has 3 more ounces to it. But it's a spray so a lot of it is going to be wasted but you're either going to need to really mask off around your rotors or remove the caliper to spray them.
alright do you think one can will be enough? or should i get another one?

·
Registered
911 Posts
idk much about the spray but i can tell you the brush on paint is awesome...i used it and it goes on thick, just do 3-5 coats and it'll be awesome. i did all 4 with the brush on and still have half a can

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought a kit made by G2 for my GTO. It was a 2 part epoxy and it was painted on, but dried smooth. worked well and one kit did the entire car for like 30 bucks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sprayed em? get some pics up

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry guys i meant to take pics after i cleaned her all up but never got to it cuz of work:/ i dont have work tomorrow so IT WILL GET DONE!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Better get done. :D Im an impatient person. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Better get done. :D Im an impatient person. Lol

im sorry im sorry i was supposed to do it after work but im 16 i get distracted easily, kinda like today, pickup football game...:p but no mattter what comes up i will put pics up tomorrow!

·
Registered
556 Posts
O I kno, just giving you crap

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright so i finally got some pics taken, they arent that good cuz my car is still dirty but i promised some today! ill take some more in like 2 days cuz we got a storm coming through and im not gonna clean her up til it passes

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks great. Did you end up going with a spray kit or brush on?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lookin good. i love them gxp bumpers, i wish i would have been more patient buyin my gt or i would have looked for 1 of them buck tooths :(

haha why dont you buy one off ebay or something and get it painted? i love the beaver teeth:D and thanks!

Looks great. Did you end up going with a spray kit or brush on?
thanks! and i went with the spray, it was great because if i forgot to tape somewhere and some paint got on it all i had to do was rub it with some steel wool and it went right away:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts